2010-01-09

Powers


I just read the first arc of Powers, "Who Killed Reto Girl?".

Entertaining. The dialog was maybe too sharp (not everybody is a great fucking communicator) and a couple of plot elements were a little loose, but they are really minor issues. I like these characters and the book has it's heart in the right place.

The art on this book has that great property, that the more you look at it the better it gets. Tons of great expressions, body language and subtle visual cues. The lighting and colors are great.

It's a bit of a double edged sword, I looked at this book for years and thought a solid "meh". Even though I knew the artwork was doing a lot, it just didn't immediately pull me in. Oh well I figure this is more my problem than the books. I like candy.

Bottom line, I am gonna' be reading a lot more of these.

No comments: