2008-03-02

Role-playing Games

I was looking at this blog the other day and thinking to myself that there were too many posts related to role-playing games. In fact it has more posts than any other topic.

I played my first role-playing game, Dungeons and Dragons in the summer of 1979 at the age of 11. I was immediately hooked. It would be the primary preoccupation of my life for the next 3 years. I have played off and on ever since.

This year there are a ton of interesting things happening. D&D is introducing their 4th Edition. Hero Games (the company I think technically has the best rules) has sold the Champions IP to Cryptic Software to make a Champions MMO and City of Heroes the MMO that I actually play is about to roll-out an online extension called The City Vault.

So I was looking at this blog the other day and thinking to myself that there were too many posts related to role-playing games. I was wrong. I love these games and there are going to be a lot of posts about them.

No comments: